As a chance of pace, we take a moment to talk about the tragedy of Aaron Swartz and the broad powers of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
Download the episode
Sources used in this episode:
- I committed Aaron Swartz’s crime—and so, probably, have you
- The Brilliant Life and Tragic Death of Aaron Swartz
- Aaron Swartz indictment
- JSTOR Statement: Misuse Incident and Criminal Case
- Aaron’s Law Reintroduced: CFAA Didn’t Fix Itself
- Most of what you do online is illegal. Let’s end the absurdity
- 3 Years After Aaron Swartz’s Death, Here’s What’s Happened to Aaron’s Law
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
Music for this episode by music: Lee Rosevere Distant Shores.
Make a Difference We started a community for data people who want to find impactful projects and meet collaborators. Check out Data for Democracy, and come hang out with us!